Saturday, July 31, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Hi, I'm Felicia Ow, a designer by profession. I'm doing architecture at work and also teaching and designing for LSS Laines Papeterie and Papermarket. I started scrapping in Dec 2006 and have been loving it ever since! I love working with colours and textures on my layouts and projects. So I'm glad to take over Artz de Scrap and also host my own HappyScraps challenges! Enjoy this simple tutorial i'm sharing with you and do share your takes with us!! =)
Materials / Supplies needed:
3 or 4 double-sided Patterned Papers
1. Cut the PPs to size:
- 9"x9” - 1 no.
- 7.5”x7.5” – 1 no.
- 6”x6” – 1 no.
- 6”x6” – 1 no. for the lid
2. Score lines on the PPs to create 9 squares.
a)9”x9” – Score at 3” intervals
b)7.5”x7.5” – Score at 2.5” intervals
c)6”x6” – Score at 2” intervals
3. Cut the 4 corner squares from all 3 PPs to form t-shaped PPs.
4. To create the lid, score lines at 1.5” intervals. Fold the 4 corner squares to create a diagonal fold on them.
5. Add tape glue to corner triangles to create the lid.
6. Here’s how the lid looks when completed.
7. Apply glue to the back of the centre square of the smallest t-shaped PP to the centre square of the medium t-shaped PP to adhere them together. Adhere the centre square of the medium t-shaped PP to the centre square of the large t-shaped PP. Here’s how it should looks when all the pages are adhered together.
8. Fold up the pages to form the sides of the box and fit the lid over them. Here’s the finished explosion box, embellish with photos and other embellishments as desired!!
Here's my completed Explosion Box!!
Do share your take with us, email us at email@example.com
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Artz de Scrap's July Challenge?
and email us a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win
a wonderful RAK from our sponsor.
Here are our DT's takes for this Challenge!
Designer Cabbie's Altered Lunchbox!
Friday, July 2, 2010
It is with great pleasure that we welcome the following Newly Appointed Artz de Scrap's DT for July - December 10!
(Click on her name to get to know our DT better!)
Thank you so much to everyone that applied!
We hope to see each and every one of you here for the next contest!
I'm a Stay At Home Mom. I live in central Texas with my husband of 8 years and our kids, a son, 7, and daughter, 11. I retired from 17 years of government service to stay home and raise my children. I have been involved in arts and crafts since I was a child. I became involved in scrapbooking and mixed media about five years ago. I love papercrafts, altered arts and mixed media. I teach classes at local scrapbook stores, retreat centers and online on a variety of topics from basic scrapbooking to complex technique heavy altered art and mixed media projects. I also instruct students to use tools like Purple Cows Trimmers and Zutter Bind It All and DreamKuts. My scrappy style is eclectic! I have a special love of distressed items and ephemera.
Currently, I design and teach for:
Zutter Innovative Products (Original Zutter Zister)
Rockin' R Retreat Center
I am also a:
PrimaDonna: a Prima Marketing Endorsed Artist Educator
Copic Certified Designer
Certified Fiskars Demonstrator
Here are some of Vicki's works...