Friday, December 31, 2010
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
I'm a Stay At Home Mom. I live in central Texas with my husband of 8 years and our kids, a son, 7, and daughter, 11. I retired from 17 years of government service to stay home and raise my children. I have been involved in arts and crafts since I was a child. I became involved in scrapbooking and mixed media about five years ago. I love papercrafts, altered arts and mixed media. I teach classes at local scrapbook stores, retreat centers and online on a variety of topics from basic scrapbooking to complex technique heavy altered art and mixed media projects. I also instruct students to use tools like Purple Cows Trimmers and Zutter Bind It All and DreamKuts. My scrappy style is eclectic! I have a special love of distressed items and ephemera.
- A used 2x4 (no more than 6-10 inches long)
- Ranger Crackle Paint, Distress Ink, Liquid Pearls, Stickles
- A holiday or Christmas image or festive patterned paper (one that will fit on the wide side of your 2x4)
- Several small embellishments of your choice
- Make sure the 2x4 is cleaned up, free of dirt, etc. Paint with crackle paint. Let dry.
- Highlight crackle effect with distress ink.
- Adhere image or paper to one (wide) side of 2x4.
- Decorate with liquid pearls, stickles, distress inks, etc.
- Add embellishments.
Here are our takes on this tutorial.
Do share your take with us, email us at email@example.com
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Artz de Scrap's December Challenge?
and email us a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win
a wonderful RAK from our sponsor.
Here are our DT's takes for this Challenge!
Designer Cabbie's Altered Wooden Box!