Materials / Supplies needed:
coat or trouser hanger
acrylic paints of different colours
glue (wallpaper glue or pva glue)
embellishments (buttons, flowers, etc)
1. Decide where to position your clips.
a) If you want to use your hanger to display your scrapbooking pages, check the size. You may also use your 2 clips separately to display two small pages.
b)In either case, adjust the position of your clips before the next stage as you won't be able to move them after altering.
2. Apply a coat of gesso over your coat/trouser hanger. I used a plastic hanger and this first coat is necessary in order to adhere your paper to the surface of the plastic.
3. When the gesso is dried you can cut or tear strips of newspaper and glue them all over your hanger. Allow to dry.
4. I applied a coat of acrylic paint in 2 different colors and glued additional scraps of papers.
5. You can embellish your coat/trouser hanger with fabrics, ribbons, buttons, stamped images. I stamped "Limited Edition" (stamp by InfinimentScrap) on a piece of cardstock and adhered it on the front with double-sided tape. The "heads" (stamps by Zettiology) are also stamped on a piece of cardstock and attach on the back of my hanger.
6. Here’s the finished product!
Here are our takes for this tutorial.
Do share your take with us, email us at email@example.com