Materials / Supplies needed:
Acrylic paints ( your desired colors)
Variety of decorative scissors
Patterned papers (scraps)
Embellishments ( your choice of Themes)
Magnetic sheet (4x6)
1. Clean the two empty beverage cans with warm water, rinse and dry. Mark one half of the can with masking tape around the can’s circumference and cut using craft knife.
2. Measure the can’s circumference and then decide how many petals you want. Depending on the size of the beverage can’s circumference, will determine how many petals you may decide on. For instance, the can’s circumference I used was 8 inches. Therefore, I use 1” for each petal, resulting in a total of eight petals. Using scissors cut eight evenly space lines from the top edge to the bottom of the can.
3. Press the center of the can with your two fingers and carefully bend the cut petals.
4. Trim each petal with decorative scissors.
5. Paint both sides of the petals, stamen or center of the flower and the base. Allow to dry.
6. Cut and cover the base with a piece of magnetic sheet board and then, adhere using a glue gun.
7. Using your choice of themes, embellish the stamen or center of the flower and secure same with glue gun.
8. Upon completion, one can decorate the refrigerator with one or more altered beverage can magnetic flowers, use to hold notes, daily schedules, reminders of things to do or use as a gifts.
Here are our takes for this tutorial.
Do share your take with us, email us at email@example.com