Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Come meet our new DT

Hi. My name is Kim Faucher... known on several message boards and galleries as kimosabescraps. I have been scrapbooking, card making, altering projects for as long as I can remember but serving on design teams and submitting to publications for about 7 years.
I love this hobby, am passionate about all arts and crafts . My style is ever changing and eclectic. I like to range from simple and scrapliftable to a more complex and artistic ... and usually everywhere in between!!
I will alter anything and everything in front of me, including old packaging, bottles, frames etc... and have a great number of handmade items in my house as decorations!
I am so excited to be designing here at artz de scrap for the next 6 months and look forward to sharing with you all! Thanks for the warm welcome!!
1. You're stuck at a crop and you have only 5 items, what do you absolutely have to have?
Only 5??? well, I guess the basics...photos, adhesives, Fiskars scissors, papers, pen I can make the rest!!!

2. Where do you get most of your "scrapbook"inspiration?
Mainly magazines...family, home décor, fashion, nature... I love pictures and colors... they are very inspiring for me.... and if a graphic design or color grouping is working in print... why mess with a good thing?? lol

3. What is your life mantra or favorite quote?
When Life hands you lemons... make lemonade... I truly follow this philosophy and try and find positive in all things and situations.

4. What do you like the most about your own scrapbooking style?
I would say that I am very eclectic.. I love having a style that can inspire others but not necessarily "like" others... I like being just a tad unique in everything I do.

5. If you had to give one tip to a beginning scrapbooker, what would it be?
I think my experience has taught me to really enjoy each and every moment... Don’t get so caught up with getting pages done that you forget to live in the moment ... and also to just get the story written down .. the artsy stuff, photos etc can come later... the written word and stories are the most important memories to have!


No comments: